Queensbury Ward Partnership Meeting 7.00 pm Tuesday 14th July 2015 at Holy Trinity Church.

 QUEENSBURY WARD PARTNERSHIP

TUESDAY 14TH JULY 2015

7.00 PM AT

HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, WEST END

QUEENSBURY, BD13 2AD

AGENDA

  1. Introductions & Welcome
  2. Apologies
  3. Minutes of Last Meeting
  4. Matters Arising
  5. Update from Community Groups
  6. Community Development Worker Update – Kathryn Halford
  7. Council update
  8. Police update
  9. Any Other Business
  10. Date of Next Meeting

Queensbury Ward Partnership Minutes for 12th May 2015

BRADFORD SOUTH AREA CO-ORDINATOR’S OFFICE

3rd Floor North, Jacob’s Well, Bradford, BD1 5RW

Queensbury Ward Partnership

On Tuesday 12th May 2015 at 7.00pm at

Holy Trinity Church, West End, Queensbury, BD13 2AD

NOTES

Statements attributed to individuals in these notes are not to be read as the views or opinions of either Bradford MDC or the Forum, but solely as the views of the person making them

  1. Welcome and Introductions

Mohammed Taj opened the meeting, introduced himself, briefly explained his role as Ward Officer and welcomed everyone present. Taj explained he had been Ward Officer at Queensbury a few years previously but was then moved to Great Horton Ward as part of a restructure. As part of a new restructure he now covers both Queensbury and Great Horton Ward.

People present included Mohammed Taj (Ward Co-ordinator); Councillor Lisa Carmody; Councillor Paul Cromie; Councillor Michael Walls; Jane Stewart; Matthew Robinson; Norah McWilliam; David Mitchell; Sue Shrine; Helga Broadbent; Beryl Robinson; Lynda Cromie; Joan Shepherd; David Dodwell; Eithne Dodwell; Carolyn Jowett; Stuart Walker; Joan Milner; Geoff Milner; Sue Dickerson; Vicky Robinson; Pat Sayers; Betty Denton; Jane Holdsworth; Hazel Pearson; Kathryn Halford; Judy Brannan; Richard Houseago; Sue Dewdney; Bev Brackenbridge; Carol Bower and Matt Bibby.

  1. Apologies

Apologies were received from PCSO John Greenwood; Sheila Thornton; Mark Chenery; Amanda Brearcliffe and Michaela Thompson. Alan Worthington and Neil Myers –  Queensbury Cricket Club.

  1. Minutes of Last Meeting

Page 1 – The police are following up the incident on Broomfield Street.

Page 2 – Highways issues to be covered at the meeting to be arranged with Highways

Page 3 – Marie asked Andy about the installation of disabled facilities at Victoria Hall. There is still a general review needed.

Page 4 – Highways issues to be covered at the meeting to be arranged with Highways.

  1. Matters Arising

There were no matters arising. The minutes were accepted as correct by Joan Mitchell and seconded by David Mitchell.

  1. Highways update – Officer to attend future meeting

As there are a number of concerns over the Highways in the village, some having been carried over from the March meeting an officer will be invited to a separate meeting in Queensbury to discuss multiple Highways Issues.

Action: Taj to contact Simon at Highways to arrange the meeting discussing Highways Issues.

  1. Community Group update

The pantomime held in March by Queensbury Performing Arts was a great success. They may possibly do another one next year. It was held at Queensbury Upper School as Victoria Hall is not very accessible and provided for regarding disabled facilities.

The scarecrow festival will be held again this year on 11th/12th July.

Stuart mentioned the upcoming 1940’s weekend on Saturday 20th June. The event starts at 1.00pm and there will be free entertainment. The Conservative Club open their doors from 6.30pm that evening. Tickets are priced at £5 for the evening and include a light supper.

Saturday 16thMay sees a fundraising event at 6.30pm. Priced at £5 for adults and free for children, the event is a dance event, a Ceilidh.

The History Society have been holding an exhibition surrounding WW1. It has taken about 2 years of research to gather the material. It is being held in the library, which ius only pen Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. The decision was taken to use the library as it isn’t ordinarily very well used. There is no closure date for the exhibition currently.

Canbe’s hold a parent group, 2nd Friday of each month at Jungle Junction. There is a sensory group on Friday afternoon’s at 3.30pm.

The Fun day will be held at Queensbury School on Saturday 27th June. If any groups are interested in having information on display then please contact Carolyn Jowett via email. If anyone wishes to volunteer to do hot drinks that would be welcomed.

Cycle Queensbury are having a family fun day on 17th May. The event begins at Station Road, 11am – 3pm. Cyclists can ride up to Keelham Farm shop. They are putting on refreshments. Councillor Paul Cromie will be sweeping Station Road in preparation for the Cycle Queensbury event.

Cycle Queensbury had asked Sustrans to carry out a feasibility study into safe routes for sustainable travel (walking and cycling), linking schools, community buildings and shops with residential areas). It looks as though cycle routes are not possible because of narrowness of existing paths but that it might be good for pedestrian routes. Any community groups interested in championing the cause of safe walking routes might wish to contact Cycle Queensbury who would like to support them. The study is around £1000.

Action: David, Richard to liaise with Simon Moscrop on this matter of safe walking.

Holy Trinity are having a social night involving board games on 23rd May from 7.00pm, tickets cost £3.

The ‘Friends of Cemetery group’ have been actively working with the schools, educating them on what cemeteries are and what they mean. Bradford Council have been out and cut back trees and bushes. They are returning to clear the mess they left too. Thanks were conveyed to them for this work. A litter pick has also been done involving some school children.

Sue and Pat have been to a cemetery in Halifax too and are talking to the History Society to get some ideas for incorporating at the cemetery around history.

Sue made a bid to Omega Proteins for some funding but has been turned down. She is awaiting feedback.

QCP updated the group with all their courses. They have a new course running, guitar playing for beginners (adults). They also have a walking group on a Wednesday; flower arranging on Thursdays; aromatherapy on a Wednesday and digital classes on a Thursday. The QCP website has more details about all courses that are running. Anyone interested can also speak to Kathryn Halford if needed.

  1. Victoria Hall User Group

A meeting has still to be organised for Victoria Hall discussions. Taj explained the difficulties in deciding on the venue usage as there will be a financial repercussion. A similar issue has been occurring at Great Horton Village Hall for several years, where Community organisations wanted to run it but then had to be bailed out a few times by the Council.

All groups need to be clear on how much it will cost to run Victoria Hall. There has to be the focus on the groups and on the facilities.

Action: Taj to organise a meeting for the Victoria Hall user group

  1. Queensbury Community Heritage and Action Partnership

Norah provide an update on the upcoming events of the group. She also paid tribute to the large numbers of excellent volunteers who assist in the running of it. Saturday 30th May sees a celebration event regarding the 60th anniversary of the railway line closure. This is a great chance for people interested in the history of Queensbury tunnel to learn more.

June 27th sees the next open microphone session at the Mills.

Thursday 16th July is the brass tags event. This will be a fund raising session to help raise money to put towards the longer term heating at the venue. The event will feature several brass bands, including an appearance from Black Dyke Band Tickets are priced at £10 for adults. The venue is accessible to those in need of it.

People wanting to know more can visit the following website:

www.blackdykemillsheritagevenue

Richard Houseago gave a quick update on the High Street project saying that the Co-operative have finally agreed to seed the land outside their shop. Eventually this will lead to the narrowing of the road and the moving of the bus stop.

  1. Council update

Taj explained the restructure at Bradford South, his colleagues Rada and Marie are covering two wards each as Taj is. Rada is covering Tong and Wyke; Marie is covering Royds and Wibsey.

  1. Police update

There were no Police present and no update in this meeting.

  1. Any Other Business

Thanks were paid to Lynda Cromie for all her hard work during her time as Ward Councillor of Queensbury. The new Ward Councillor, Lisa Carmody was given a warm welcome by the group.

Victoria Hall Children’s Centre remains open despite some residents believing it was closed.

Councillor Walls is part of the Environment Committee. The company that is responsible for all the smelly wagons passing though the village are trialling 2 trailers that are sealed units. This is due to be done in early summer (June / July time). If trials prove successful then they might replace their fleet.

It was suggested that each group could advertise their upcoming events on a consultation / community calendar to be displayed on a notice board somewhere visible, perhaps Tesco. Stuart also said that if groups do send him things then he can put them up on the calendar on the village website. Not many people have sent things through to Stuart. Taj can update Stuart if groups send things to him.

The old Queensbury Times was replaced by Westwood pages. Councillor Carmody wished to explore the possibility of restarting a local ‘Queensbury Times’ type of booklet. The booklet could be distributed to local shops, the Dr’s surgery and sent to the village schools. It was agreed in principal by the group that it might be a good idea to look into this in more detail.

Discussions were held regarding things for youths to do. Hillcrest Drive was mentioned as an area where local residents feel there could be more for children to do. Taj mentioned that there is a new Youth Worker for the Ward, Emma Jones. With the developments in the area too there will be some section 106 money available. Before Marie left she gave Lisa Carmody some Junior Warden Kits. Lisa is holding a meeting on Thursday evening to give youths an opportunity to have their voice. The meeting is being held at Jungle Junction this time and some staff from Victoria Hall will be commenting too. Despite the lack of Ward Budget money this year there is potential available from places like WREN. ‘Friends of Parks’ groups could apply for money as has happened with ‘Friends of Brackenhill Park’ elsewhere in the district. Lisa and Brian Dobson have some ideas on the parks.

Action: Taj to arrange a meeting to discuss section 106 money with Mick Priestley and Ward Councillors

There was a discussion around the circulation of the notes. In previous years some members of local village groups had concerns that notes were circulated too quickly after meetings and that they then forgot what was happening or what actions were due before the next meeting (this was due to the gap between meetings). In recent months, Bradford South has therefore circulated the notes a few weeks after the meetings.

It was agreed that the notes are to be circulated a week after the meeting and then a week before the next meeting (along with the agenda for that meeting).

Action: Taj to ensure that Bradford South email the minutes summary a week after the meeting and a week before 14th July.

  1. Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting will be held at Holy Trinity on Tuesday 14th July at 7.00pm

There were no further issues raised, therefore Taj thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.45pm

 

 

 

 

City Park Events 2015 – Cllr Paul Cromie

City Park Events 2015 LAST UPDATED 30/6/2015
2015  
Month build Date Name of event Description on event Where
July 3rd Don Giovanni Live screening Big Screen
July 8-12th 10th -11th Urban Festival festival Centenary Square
July 18th Big City Play Day Outdoor play team Centenary Square
July 29th July Film and Fun Wednesdays childrens film and fun Paddington
Aug 5th Film and Fun Wednesdays childrens film and fun The Lego Movie
Aug 12th Film and Fun Wednesdays childrens film and fun The Nut Job
Aug 12th GO Cycling Cycling Festival Centenary Square
Aug 15th Bradford Classic Car Car Show City Park
Aug 17th Mixed Ability Rugny World Tournament Welcome overseas players and delegates to Bradford City Park
Aug 19th Mixed Ability Rugby Inclusive Sport and Health Mixed Ability sports
Aug 19th Film and Fun Wednesdays childrens film and fun Penguins Of Madagascar
Aug 20th Whats Next Job Oppurtunitys for young people city Park
Aug 17th-19th Mixed Ability Sports Open event welcome Overseas Players and delgates to Bradford
Aug 21st Bradford Youth Development Partnership Fun Day City Park
Aug 22nd Carnival of Stars Gospel music City Park
Sept 19th 20th Skyride Mass participation cycling event City Park
Sept 22nd Romeo and Juliet Live screening Mirror Pool
Sept 27th Epilepsy Action Charity Road Race City Park
Oct 8-11th Bradford Shine Echoes of Oz – City Park
Oct 25th Bradford City Run road race
Oct 8th Remembrance Day memorial parade City Park
Nov 12-15th 14th Christmas Lights Switch On show and fireworks City Park
Nov 15th Reindeer Parade City Park

 

Queensbury Planning 30 June 2015 – Cllr Paul Cromie

Queensbury Decided Search

Submission of details to comply with condition 5 of planning permission 14/04664/FUL dated 17.03.2015: Installation and commissioning of a two 60kW wind turbines with a 30m hub height and 42m tip height – Parkinson Spencer Refractories Ltd School Cote Brow Queensbury Bradford West Yorkshire

Ref. No: 14/04664/SUB01 | Received date: Thu 14 May 2015 | Status: Application Granted | Case Type: Planning Application

Construction of two storey extension incorporating existing ground floor garage – 34 Edale Grove Queensbury Bradford West Yorkshire BD13 2EF

Ref. No: 15/01878/HOU | Received date: Thu 07 May 2015 | Status: Application Granted | Case Type: Planning Application

Queensbury Ward Section 106 Funding – Cllr Paul Cromie

Queensbury Ward Section 106 Funding

Notes of meeting held at 10.00am on Thursday 18th June 2015,

 Ground floor, Jacobs Well

Present:

Mick Priestley – Technical Manager, Park and Greenspaces

Michaela Bartle – Monitoring Officer, Planning, Transportation & Highways

Roger Scales – Assistant Landscape Architect, Planning, Transportation & Highways

Mohammed Taj

Cllr Lisa Carmody

Cllr Paul Cromie

Apologies: Cllr Michael Walls

  1. Introductions / Welcome

Taj welcomed everyone to the meeting and introductions were made.

  1. Explanation of Section 106

Mick and Michaela explained Section 106 funding is what developers of larger sites pay to Councils to reduce the impact of the development. These are negotiated between the developer and the Council under the terms of Section 106, Town and Country Planning Act 1990. Developers sign a S106 agreement which is a legal document as part of their planning permission and this specifies what the money is spent on and where. For example S106 money is used to make improvements to highways, parks, public transport, schools. The funding discussed today will be for recreation and leisure facilities.

  1. Tesco Development Section 106 Funding

Roger explained that he works in the Landscape Design Unit and is dealing with the funding from the Tesco Development. This is approx. £65,000 for tree planting, hard and soft landscaping and townscapes improvements within Queensbury Ward. Suggestions included improvements to the footpath adjacent to Shibden Head Primary School and land at Fewstone Avenue.

Action: Michaela to find amount of funding available & timescales for spending.

Action: Ward Councillors to consider sites for this and then contact Roger with suggestion for possible schemes to progress.

Roger then left the meeting.

  1. Section 106 funding

Mick circulated document which stated the total funding available across the Ward. Revenue funding is for maintenance of schemes over 20/25 years and capital is improvements to public open space.

The total capital funding available is £207,102. The scheme in the pipeline is New Changing rooms at Foxhill costing between £100k to £160 depending on the final scheme. Mick is liaising with Sports Clubs on this scheme. There was then a discussion about improvements to the tennis courts at Russell Hall Park and possibly a Skate Park.

Additional funding of £216,000 will be available from the following developments:-

Harrowins Farm (Bellway Homes) – £143,555

Black Dyke Mi;lls (Harron Homes) – £60,000

Sandbeds (Thompson and Hargreaves) – £12,470

 

 

Queensbury Planning 25 June 2015 – Cllr Paul Cromie

Queensbury Pending Decisions Search

Single storey extension to the rear to replace existing conservatory – 17 Hazeldene Queensbury Bradford West Yorkshire BD13 2BB

Ref. No: 15/01754/HOU | Received date: Wed 29 Apr 2015 | Status: Pending Decision | Case Type: Planning Application

Construction of first storey front extension and single storey rear and side extension – 41 Grouse Moor Lane Queensbury Bradford West Yorkshire BD13 1NS

Ref. No: 15/01807/HOU | Received date: Mon 04 May 2015 | Status: Pending Decision | Case Type: Planning Application

Construction of extension to rear of the following dimensions: Depth of extension from original rear wall: 4.2M Maximum height of extension: 4.0M Height to eaves of extension: 2.7M – 27 Uplands Grove Bradford West Yorkshire BD13 1EW

Ref. No: 15/02043/PNH | Received date: Mon 18 May 2015 | Status: Pending Decision | Case Type: Planning Application

Queensbury Pending Consideration Search

Alterations for change of use to fireplace showroom and workshop plus demolition of unsafe structure – Unit 1 Great Horton Industrial Estate Cooper Lane Bradford West Yorkshire BD6 3NF

Ref. No: 15/01788/FUL | Received date: Fri 01 May 2015 | Status: Pending Consideration | Case Type: Planning Application

Construction of part two storey side and part single storey side extension – 29 Hillcrest Drive Queensbury Bradford West Yorkshire BD13 2QS

Ref. No: 15/02557/HOU | Received date: Wed 17 Jun 2015 | Status: Pending Consideration | Case Type: Planning Application

Queensbury Community 1940’s Day Photographs

Do we have any people who can help to find lost key?

Metal Detecting

During the Himalayan Balsam Bash at Littlemoor Park over the last week a car key was lost in the undergrowth. This could be a real challenge for people using a metal detector to find it and return to it’s owner. It could be good practice for someone new to the hobby.

If anyone could help can they send a message to me using stuart.walker@queensbury-village.co.uk and I will put you in contact with the owner.

If you have already found the car key can you also contact me.

 

Queensbury and Thornton News – 18 June 2015

Subject: news for Queensbury an Thornton

Queensbury;

1940’S DAY: Will be held on Chapel Street, Queensbury, starting at 1pm this Saturday (20th). There will be Army vehicles, Brass Bands, 1940 music, Marshalls fun fair, food and refreshments. In the evening Grace Lamont will be entertaining at the Conservative club from 6.30 onwards, the cost is £5 which includes a light supper. Tickets are available from Firths Cycles or Joan Milner, call 07815 201650.

SCHOOL FAIR: Holme Farm Primary will be holding their Summer Fair on Thursday 25th June 3.30-5.30pm on the school playing field. There will be a free Bouncy Castle, Spider Mountain, Stalls and a Table Tip sale. If anyone would like a table they will be £10 please contact Rachael Smith on 01274 675574 or email rachael4321@hotmail.co.uk. (can this go in under Wibsey & Royds as well please?)

SUMMER FAIR: St Theresa’s Summer Fair will be held on Sunday 21st June at 1.30pm. Hopefully the weather will be kind and we will be able to have some stalls outside. There will be a cafe, bottle stall cake stall and usual fancy goods. The bar will be open for all those Dads to celebrate their big day.

TRIBUTE: At Queensbury Conservative Club on Tuesday 23rd June at 3-30pm to 8pm. local and guest singers paying tribute to famous artists songs, who will be dressed as the artist they are impersonating.

Raffle and  Buffet. All welcome.

RACE NIGHT: At the Queensbury Tavern on Friday on 26th June First race starts at 8pm.  Buffet Supper – all welcome.

Thornton:

WELL BEING CAFÉ: At Thornton Community Centre, Market Street on Friday 19th June 1.30- 3.30pm. This service is provided on a monthly basis ( every 3rd Friday in the month) The Café  is for the over 60 with mild to moderate mental health issues, or for those who are becoming a little forgetful,  isolated and lonely. Carers are able to attend as well. Transport can be provided. For further information please call 01274 816748 or 07592011977 or email qcpinfo@qbury.com

METHODIST CHURCH: Sunday Service on 21st June is at 10.30am and is led by The Sunday School, this will be followed by a Faith Lunch.  At the Fellowship on Tuesday 23rd June at 2pm.The speaker is Mr. Roger Clarke on Titus Salt. All welcome.

Kathryn Halford
Development Manager
Queensbury Community Programme
36 High Street
Queensbury
BD13 2PB
T: 01274 816748
M: 07592011977